Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A callout to the Mods.

Hi Mods,

I like this site but I want to make a suggestion for this part of your site.

Can we limit each thread to one place so that when someone looks here they can scout the main columns and get ideas. and dig for deep info on it in the topic.

Thanks

Rascal

Re: A callout to the Mods.

You bring up a very good point. It is not an easy problem to solve. If we just had one forum section, like "General," you would have to sift through a lot of topics and it could make finding something more difficult. However, since this forum is relatively new, it becomes more of a pain than benefit to have many sections, but when we get more posts, you will hopefully appreciate being able to go to the right section, like Coupons, Shows, Dining, etc., to help find something of interest, just as you do with a newspaper. Over time, if we see certain sections that do not get many postings, we are likely to merge them with other sections, so that will help reduce the clutter. We also recently turned on hybrid listings as the default, so you can now see a list of all the subject headings at the top of each thread page.

Thanks for the feedback!

Las Vegas Direct

Originally posted by Rascal
    Hi Mods,

I like this site but I want to make a suggestion for this part of your site.

Can we limit each thread to one place so that when someone looks here they can scout the main columns and get ideas. and dig for deep info on it in the topic.

Thanks

Rascal

Comment

Hi Mods,

I don't think that I described the idea well.

What I was thinking was to have a new topic for each ride and then when someone is looking for info they will be able to find all of the post for that ride under that topic.

Maybe you could sticky note direction in the beginning and then it will become self evident.

Maybe I am over thinking this but it seems to be a sensible way to organize it.

Rascal

Comment

You can modify the way threads are listed for you by changing the Display Mode to 'hybrid mode.' This will show all the individual subject titles of a thread at the top. However, unless a person remembers to put in a new title name, you will often just get a listing of the same topic, even though the actual body of the message is different. Unless your message is related to the title, it is best to post a new thread. It is also good to modify the title, even when the message is relevant to the thread, so people can scan topics more easily. Thanks for the feedback.

Las Vegas Direct

Comment

Working...
        X